[Lohit-devel-list] Lohit2 next releases will be Odia and Telugu

Pravin Satpute psatpute at redhat.com
Mon Jan 5 04:19:09 UTC 2015

Hi All,

    We had an successful year 2014 for Lohit2 project with following
achievements

  * Automated testing support with the help of hb-shape.
  * Release of lightest ever Lohit Malayalam font with 25% reduction in
    characters and 45% reduction in GSUB tables.
  * Lohit Gurmukhi 2.91.0 (Alpha) release with name change from punjabi
    to gurmukhi and number of improvements and bug fixes.
  * Lohit Tamil 2.91.0 (Alpha) release with improvements under lohit2
    projects and bug fixes.
  * Lohit Bengali 2.91.0 (alpha) is now available for testing
  * Released Lohit Assamese 2.91.0 (Alpha) under lohit2 project

    In this year first we will try to complete remaining script fonts
i.e. Oriya, Telugu and Kannada. We have already started work on Odia and
Telugu. Looking forward for release in this month for same.

    For Odia we had nice discussion with Subhashish Panigrahi and Dr.
Nikhil Mohan Pattnaik regarding improvements required in fuelgilt
conference. It includes visual as well some rendering rules. We are
making sure with new release those will get fix.

    For Telugu we have started working with Krishnababu Krothapalli, he
has provided us test cases.

    Development is already started in github [1]. Feel free to report
any issue or improvement suggestion At [2]

    Thanks to you all for your help in 2014 for making Lohit2 successful
project. Hoping we will do much more in this year.

<https://plus.google.com/u/0/102044103954646713033?prsrc=4>

Best Regards,
Pravin Satpute

1. https://github.com/pravins/lohit2/