[Lohit-devel-list] Improvement Plans For Lohit-Telugu

Shilpa Gite shilpagite10 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 08:50:34 UTC 2015

Hi All,

After the successful improvements in Tamil,Bengali,Assamese and Odia with
Lohit2 Project. We now have moved ahead with the improvement plans for
Lohit Telugu.

Initially we have planned the following things:

1.) Creating a test file for Lohit-Telugu which covers all the combinations.
2.) Renaming the glyphs in a user readable format so that its easily
understood.
3.) Rewriting the Open type rules for Lohit-Telugu.
4.) Testing the rules for all combinations.

For further reference:

https://github.com/pravins/lohit2/
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/OpenTypeDev/telugu/intro.htm
http://shilpagite.blogspot.in/2015/01/improvement-plans-for-lohit-telugu.html