[lvm-devel] "lv_attr" disappeared from lvm_lv_get_property?

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 20:46:39 UTC 2015

Dne 29.1.2015 v 21:24 Marius Vollmer napsal(a):

> Alasdair G Kergon <agk at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 09:50:08PM +0200, Marius Vollmer wrote:
>>> at one moment lvm_lv_get_property returned a valid and useful "lv_attr"
>>> property, and then suddenly it returns values with "is_valid == 0".
>>
>> The way some of the properties are gathered got changed.
>>
>> Sounds like we forgot to update the library code to use the new method...
>
> I found this:
>
>      /* backward compatible internal API for lvm2api, TODO improve it */
>      char *lv_attr_dup(struct dm_pool *mem, const struct logical_volume *lv)
>
> Guys, really.  Write some tests.

Hi

lvm2api is rather purely experimental part of lvm2 - it has no real maintainer
and no real plans on further development ATM.

I'd strongly recommend to use lvm2 commands - since they are far more
optimized and tested.

lvm2api at current stage has huge list of hardly resolvable issues and some
new way has to be used to fix them (likely some 'client/server' model)

Regards

Zdenek