[lvm-devel] master - scan: md metadata version 0.90 is at the end of disk

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 17:22:21 UTC 2018

On Sun, Dec 02, 2018 at 07:43:34PM -0700, Gang He wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> This patch can be used to fix this problem, or not?
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2018-October/msg00049.html

On the stable branch there are three recent commits to fix/improve
md component detection.  I hope these will close any remaining gaps
in this area, let me know how these work.

scan: md metadata version 0.90 is at the end of disk
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=lvm2.git;a=commit;h=0e42ebd6d4012d210084a9ccf8d76f853726de3c

pvscan lvmetad: use full md filter when md 1.0 devices are present
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=lvm2.git;a=commit;h=a01e1fec0fe7c2fa61577c0e636e907cde7279ea

pvscan lvmetad: use udev info to improve md component detection
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=lvm2.git;a=commit;h=a188b1e513ed5ca0f5f3702c823490f5610d4495