[lvm-devel] master - scan: md metadata version 0.90 is at the end of disk

Gang He ghe at suse.com
Mon Dec 10 05:29:19 UTC 2018

Hello David,

Some feedback from our user is as below,

It still does not work out and ends up in the emergency console, although error messages are different now:
in journal (journalctl -xb):

Unit lvm2-pvscan at 259:0.service has finished starting up.
[...]
Dec 08 15:27:28 big lvmetad[560]: vg_lookup vgid 6zO4JX-piC2-OaCG-GptZ-MT2F-NH4J-jL6gNj name vghome found incomplete mapping uuid none name none
[...]
Dec 08 15:28:57 big systemd[1]: dev-vghome-data.device: Job dev-vghome-data.device/start timed out.
Dec 08 15:28:57 big systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device dev-vghome-data.device.
-- Subject: Unit dev-vghome-data.device has failed
[...]

During boot following can be seen:
"A start job is running for dev-vghome-data.device (counting secs/1min 30s)"

This one fails and emergency console starts.

What can I provide additionally?
Do you think his problem is related to these patches, or it is another problem?

Thanks
Gang