[lvm-devel] lvmcache in writeback mode gets stuck flushing dirtyblocks

Lakshmi Narasimhan Sundararajan lns at portworx.com
Tue Jul 30 09:23:18 UTC 2019

Hi Zdenek,
Thank you for the acknowledging the issue.

I may not be at a liberty to choose the environment always, as most of the major distributions come bundled with 2.02.133
I have two followup questions.
1/ Is there a way to tell that a particular version has very critical bug (like the one I reported)? Nothing short of hitting it seem the way to confirm currently.
2/ which is the nearest stable release that addresses this particular issue?
3/ Does latest lvm stable work well in old distributions, Linux kernels too? Whats the compatibility matrix here?

Regards
LN