[mgmtconfig-list] We have a mailing list!

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 08:04:50 UTC 2017

We've finally got a mailing list. Welcome!

I wanted to host this externally from the redhat.com infrastructure as
good faith that I'm trying to run the mgmt project like a responsible
upstream, but I couldn't find a decent alternative that was likely to
be around for a while, was low cost, and free software.

The freedesktop.org project seemed like a good alternative but they've
been unresponsive for three months, and this got created in 15 minutes!

So... thanks to Red Hat for hosting this mailing list!
Here's hoping that this is the first useful email out of many!

You're welcome to join us in #mgmtconfig on Freenode IRC too!
If you've
not heard about mgmt yet, the project homepage is:
https://github.com/purpleidea/mgmt/

Cheers,
James
@purpleidea