[mgmt] announce: Upcoming Events

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 00:31:10 UTC 2017

Here's a list of upcoming mgmt related events

1) 03/Nov/2017 - Driving IT 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark
https://universe.ida.dk/driving-it/speaker/next-generation-config-mgmt-
reactive-systems/

I'll be giving a talk and will most likely demo a bunch of new
features! Expect to see a bit of the language as well. Sign up today if
you'd like to come.

2) 22/Nov/2017 - OSMC 2017, Nuremberg, Germany
https://osmc.de/events/next-generation-config-mgmt-monitoring/

The folks at Netways put on some great events, and they've asked me to
give a monitoring focused talk in Nuremberg. I'll try and demo some
fresh material, and I'll be thinking heavily about monitoring. You'll
want to get a ticket before they sell out!

3) 24/Nov/2017 - OSMC 2017 Hackathon, Nuremberg, Germany
https://osmc.de/hackathon/

Two days after my talk at OSMC, they're hosting what will surely be an
amazing hackathon! I'll be there to help you get your first patch
merged, mentor you if you have any questions, listen to your design
ideas, or just around if you want to chill.

4) 4/Feb/2018 - FOSDEM 2018, Brussels, Belgium
https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2017-October/002608.html

There will be a Config Management Devroom at this years FOSDEM. Please
submit an mgmt related talk today! There are also a number of other
devrooms which you might consider submitting to in case your topic is
more relevant there. (Eg: a mgmt+nspawn talk in the container devroom.)

The CFP closes soon! Please submit today. If you'd like me to review a
draft of your proposal, please send it to me and I'll be happy to help.

5) 5-7/Feb/2018 - CfgMgmtCamp.eu, Gent, Belgium
http://cfgmgmtcamp.eu/

Right after FOSDEM, take a ~30min train ride to Gent and stay for the
premier Config Management related event in the world. I hope to have a
talk accepted (new things), and I hope you do too!

On the last day of the conference, there is a "fringe" day where we'll
be around to talk about mgmt, help you write patches, and discuss the
future! Join us!

The CFP closes soon! Please submit today. If you'd like me to review a
draft of your proposal, please send it to me and I'll be happy to help.

Happy Hacking,
James
@purpleidea