[mgmt] intro questions

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Sun Feb 24 17:37:37 UTC 2019

Hi,

I looked through mgmt, blogposts, docs, examples and code for half a day now. I love the ideas and think mgmt + systemd could be a kubernetes replacement for smaller use cases.

Some questions came up during reading:

a) What is etcd used for when I run a single instance of mgmt?
b) What is the general flow of execution of mgmt?
c) Can you point to important entry points in the code to get an overview?
d) What is the smallest core of mgmt that I can execute to start exploring the rest from this core? E.g. can I run mgmt over graph files and ignore everything about lang parsing for the beginning?

And bonus e) How much would I need to pay you so that you continue the development of mgmt in Haskell? :-)

I also filled my first issue: https://github.com/purpleidea/mgmt/issues/472

Thank you for this great new approach!