[Mod_nss-list] Revoc check via CRL and OCSP

Smith, Albert L CTR OSD OUSD ATL (US) albert.l.smith12.ctr at mail.mil
Thu Jul 28 13:51:45 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm running RHEL6 with "httpd-2.2.15-53" and "mod_nss-1.0.10-6".

My webserver is currently configured to do revocation checking vi OCSP and is working fine, except when we encounter failures with the OCSP service provider.

I would like to configure my webserver to check OCSP first, and in the case of a failure, use CRL files (either local files on disk or CRL files loaded into the NSS database) as a secondary.  (If OCSP then CRL isn't possible, is CRL then OCSP possible?)

Is this possible, and if it is what are the relevant NSS directives to set?

Thank you for your attention,

-Albert Smith
Infrastructure Team
OUSD(AT&L) eBusiness Center