[Octa-list] Octa Deployment Documentation and hypervisor support

Henry Robertson henry at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 17:15:52 UTC 2011

Originally we wanted to be able to specific a Satellite profile in the RHEV portal and have it PXE/install that channel. Since the RHEV portal/api don't have those features (yet) we used Cobbler to fill in the gap. The RHEV portal is capable of creating a VM and attaching a boot iso or PXE booting already, we just wanted it to kickstart from Satellite without human intervention. The advanced Cobbler DDNS/DHCP setup was more for the 'on-demand' provisioning where we don't have any pre-defined DNS names.

-Henry