[olpc-software] AbiWord, HIG

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Wed Mar 15 18:17:57 UTC 2006

Yep, but do we now require people to download FireFox? That would surely be
a harder sell than getting them to download a plugin that will work in the
browser they are using. We already do that.

Given that the web came after 1990, one wonders why its shapers were so
unable to understand what was already being done for and by end-users
(going all the way back to Engelbart). MS will copy anything (but it had
nothing to copy and has never been known for any sparks of understanding).

Cheers,

Alan