[olpc-software] graceful handling of out-of-memory conditions

Dean T. Johnson dtj at uberh4x0r.org
Mon Mar 27 18:16:00 UTC 2006

Jim Gettys wrote:
> I'm seriously considering abandoning evolution at this point.  For what,
> is the question.

Kudos for sticking with it as long as you have. I stuck with it as long
as I could, but eventually the imap cruftiness got to me and I moved to
thunderbird so that I have a flat emailer space under linux and OSX. I
haven't looked back even once.

Perhaps there is an emailer that is to evolution what epiphany is to
mozilla, that could be used. The experience ssh-tunneled into the
corporate network is dramatically different between the two. Just the
startup time between epiphany and firefox is like a factor of 10 better
for epiphany. If I wasn't on a cable modem, epiphany would be even
better I suspect. There should be a nice tight gtk-based mailer out
there some place.

    -Dean