[Open-scap] EXTERNAL: Re: Issues with open-scap 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 on RHEL6 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 18:37:00 UTC 2012

On 11/20/12 1:31 PM, Shaw, Ray V CTR (US) wrote:
> My procedure is almost identical, except I'm using MAC-2_Sensitive and not
> using the --oval-results option (and, probably most importantly, running on
> RHEL6).  I tried it with the options you use and got all "notapplicable" as
> well; I'll see if it's a different story on RHEL5 (I have been using SCC to
> scan on RHEL5, since it's the officially blessed tool and I'd like to get as
> close as possible to what I'd expect to see during an inspection, but I've
> been unhappy with SCC for a few reasons even on RHEL5, and it would be nice
> to use the same thing on both platforms).

If I'm understanding correctly you're running the RHEL5 STIG content
against a RHEL6 machine; the expected behavior in this setup would be
for the checks to report "notapplicable." After all, it is a RHEL5 STIG ;)

If you want to do this anyway you can strip out the platform tags as
Spencer noted:

sed -i -r -e "s/<platform.*//g" <path_to_rhel5_xccdf>