[Open-scap] Migrate Trac to Github Issues

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Tue Sep 8 11:02:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

we have migrated most of our development infrastructure to Github.
Issue tracking is one of the few things remaining. We have discussed
it in the past and even researched it but we have hit roadblocks
when trying to migrate all the tickets - reporter and commenter
info can be lost, github rate limits API access, ...

I propose a pragmatic solution. Let's disable creating new tickets
on Trac from now on and only create them on github. We can still
discuss old issues on Trac and all of them will remain public.
This way we can move OpenSCAP to Github Issues over time.

Thoughts? I am volunteering to make this happen if we have
a consensus.

--
Martin Preisler
Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.