[Open-scap] Guide generation with extended profiles does not include rules

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Tue Sep 8 11:15:48 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Hi,
thanks for your report. I suspect the issue is that you are generating
a guide of an unresolved benchmark.

Try:
$ oscap xccdf resolve -o resolved-gentoo-xccdf.xml gentoo-xccdf.xml
$ oscap xccdf generate guide --profile $PROFILE_ID resolved-gentoo-xccdf.xml > report.html

However, I feel this is a bug because OpenSCAP should warn you about it.
In the past it has warned but it doesn't warn anymore. I have fixed
the situation in https://github.com/OpenSCAP/openscap/commit/a7317cadefd89a59848a83ddcde77436728ad213

Thank you for your feedback!

--
Martin Preisler