[Open-scap] New GitHub teams

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 18:48:58 UTC 2018

GitHub has been notifying us for ages that we should migrate from
legacy teams to the new system. I decided it was time to finally do
it.

As part of this change the Owners team has been removed. GitHub
recommends doing that (because once you migrate, the "Owners" team
loses its special meaning).

We had 10 teams in the organization which was way too much. And they
were overlapping a lot. I decided to merge them into just 2 teams -
trusted tools developers for everything except SSG and trusted SSG
developers for SSG. These 2 teams have full push rights to the repos
(github write access). This should make it much simpler to audit and
keep up to date. Besides, if we trust someone to push into openscap we
probably trust them to push into scap-workbench as well...

You might have received notifications about deleted teams and you
might have received invites to the new teams. I couldn't find any
option to migrate people from team to team without notifying them like
this, sorry for the inconvenience. I tried my best to keep everybody's
permissions but with the amount of people and teams maybe I missed
something. In case you encounter permission issues please let me know
and I will fix it.

--
Martin Preisler