[Ovirt-devel] Re: blocked on virt-viewer in Ovirt install preparation

Guo Lian Yun yunguol at cn.ibm.com
Thu Aug 7 05:40:17 UTC 2008

"Perry N. Myers" <pmyers at redhat.com> wrote on 2008-08-06 21:34:35:

> [...]
> >
> > 1) It fails for me by running create-wui-appliance.sh to create
virtual
> > server.
> >
> > #bash create-wui-appliance.sh -t
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.
> com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Fedora/x86_64/os/
> > -k http://ovirt.org/download/wui-rel-x86_64.ks -v
> > Domain node3 defined from /tmp/tmp.b3q8JWVRoM
> >
> > Domain node4 defined from /tmp/tmp.jtalRXJK3k
> >
> > Domain node5 defined from /tmp/tmp.B8zlcSB1Cj
> >
> > Network dummybridge destroyed
> >
> > Network dummybridge has been undefined
> >
> > Network dummybridge defined from /tmp/tmp.s8cSkpypob
> >
> > Network dummybridge started
> >
> > Network dummybridge marked as autostarted
> >
> > Formatting '/var/lib/libvirt/images/developer.img', fmt=qcow2,
> > size=6144000 kB
> > Wed, 06 Aug 2008 03:40:05 ERROR    virConnectOpen() failed
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 496, in <module>
> >     main()
> >   File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 345, in main
> >     conn = cli.getConnection(options.connect)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/cli.py", line 92, in

> > getConnection
> >     return libvirt.open(connect)
> >   File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 135, in
open
> >     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpen() failed')
> > libvirtError: virConnectOpen() failed
> >
> > Who knows why it is?
>
> Hmm. The command above should work to create a completely new appliance
> image in the current directory.  Some logs to look at would be:
> /root/.virtinst/virt-install.log
> /var/log/libvirt/qemu/*.log
>
> Attach these logs to a mail message and I'll take a look at them.  They
> might reveal something useful.  The command you're using above is only
> necessary if you want to create the appliance from scratch.  If you have

> downloaded the appliance tar.gz file from ovirt.org, then you can simply

> just use it.  No need to recreate it from the RPM repositories.
>
> > Then I try to run below command and pass for me.
> >
> > #bash create-wui-appliance.sh -d "`pwd`" -v
> >
> > Also, I can start 'developer' successfully.
>
> Good.  This is the command that just reuses the existing .img file that
is
> downloaded from ovirt.org.
>

> > 2) I tried to invoke the main Virt page, but it fails for me.
> >
> > #ssh -Y root at 192.168.50.2 firefox (or  ssh -fY root at 192.168.50.2
firefox
> > -no-remote)
> > ssh: connect to host 192.168.50.2 port 22: No route to host
> >
> > What's the ip refer to? Is it refer to the ip address of my own
machine?
> > It still fails for me by trying conncect to myself.
>
> This is sshing to the appliance which has an IP address of 192.168.50.2
on
> the dummybridge network.  If you just started the appliance when you ran

> that command, the networking stack might not have been up yet.  Wait a

  I tried several times but still fails for me.
  Here is the steps of my installation.

1) #bash create-wui-appliance.sh -d "`pwd`" -v

Domain node3 defined from /tmp/tmp.uf02Scb6Jq

Domain node4 defined from /tmp/tmp.oYYPU1RmEJ

Domain node5 defined from /tmp/tmp.sfDi0RKEwA

Network dummybridge destroyed

Network dummybridge has been undefined

Network dummybridge defined from /tmp/tmp.K0RCG16KS2

Network dummybridge started

Network dummybridge marked as autostarted

Domain developer defined from /tmp/tmp.LWLYom3gGz

Application defined using disk located at
/var/lib/libvirt/images/developer.img.
Run virsh start developer to start the appliance

2) #virsh start developer

Domain developer started

3)#virt-viewer developer
libvir: Remote error : unsupported authentication type 2
unable to connect to libvirt xen

The command of 'virt-viewer developer' connect to the guest running under
xen, we have to connect to the guest developer running under QEMU.
(Maybe it's better to do some explanation of this command in Ovirt install
instruction)

I try to connect to developer as follows, still fail for me.

[root at test]# virt-viewer -c qemu:///system developer
libvir: Remote error : unsupported authentication type 2
unable to connect to libvirt qemu:///system

[root at test]#  virt-viewer -c qemu:///system 6
libvir: Remote error : unsupported authentication type 2
unable to connect to libvirt qemu:///system

[root at test]#  virt-viewer --connect qemu:///system 6
libvir: Remote error : unsupported authentication type 2
unable to connect to libvirt qemu:///system

Actually, the developer domain run normally.

virsh # list --all
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
  6 developer            running
  - node3                shut off
  - node4                shut off
  - node5                shut off

virsh #  dumpxml developer
<domain type='kvm' id='6'>
  <name>developer</name>
  <uuid>bae8bbf9-2b42-4e3d-326d-db6869874ee5</uuid>
  <memory>786432</memory>
  <currentMemory>786432</currentMemory>
  <vcpu>1</vcpu>
  <os>
    <type arch='i686' machine='pc'>hvm</type>
    <boot dev='hd'/>
  </os>
  <clock offset='utc'/>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>destroy</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/bin/qemu-kvm</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <source file='/var/lib/libvirt/images/developer.img'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
    </disk>
    <interface type='network'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:8f:9e:3f'/>
      <source network='default'/>
      <target dev='vnet0'/>
    </interface>
    <interface type='network'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:f3:8e:92'/>
      <source network='dummybridge'/>
      <target dev='vnet1'/>
    </interface>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'/>
    <graphics type='vnc' port='5900' autoport='yes' listen='127.0.0.1'/>
  </devices>
</domain>

I tried to connect developer again and again, but still fail for me.

[root at test]# virt-viewer -c qemu:///system developer
libvir: Remote error : unsupported authentication type 2
unable to connect to libvirt qemu:///system

[root at test]# virt-viewer -c qemu+tcp://localhost/system developer
libvir: Remote error : Connection refused
unable to connect to libvirt qemu+tcp://localhost/system

[root at test]# virt-viewer -c qemu+tcp:///system developer
libvir: Remote error : Connection refused
unable to connect to libvirt qemu+tcp:///system

[root at test]# virt-viewer -c qemu+tcp://root@localhost/system developer
libvir: Remote error : Connection refused
unable to connect to libvirt qemu+tcp://root@localhost/system

However, I can connect to it by virsh successfully.

[root at test]# virsh -c qemu:///system
Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

Type:  'help' for help with commands
       'quit' to quit

> Also, give me the output of:
> virsh list --all
> virsh dumpxml developer
>
> > Here is the dummybridge output for my own machine.
> >
> > dummybridge Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:FF:99:97:1A:8F
> >           inet addr:192.168.50.1  Bcast:192.168.50.255
Mask:255.255.255.0
> >           inet6 addr: fe80::3cb0:b6ff:feed:cab/64 Scope:Link
> >           UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
> >           RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
> >           TX packets:26 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> >           collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
> >           RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:4427 (4.3 KiB)
> >
> > #ssh -fY root at 192.168.50.1 firefox -no-remote
> > Error: no display specified
>
> This is sshing to your physical host running Fedora 9, so this is not
> going to work.
>
> > Does this fail because of putty? The set up machine isn't on my hand,
> > connect to it
> > by putty. Do I have to install it on my local machine?
>
> The command is trying to run firefox on a remote display using X
> forwarding.  If you are running these commands in Putty on a Windows box

> none of this will work since Windows can't natively display X
> applications.  The easiest way to do this is to log into the local
console
> of the host that is running F9 and the developer appliance.  From the
> local console open up an xterm and run the ssh commands from there.

  Thanks for your advise and I do again. I can't ssh to it yet.

  [root at test]# ssh -fY root at 192.168.50.2 firefox -no-remote
   ssh: connect to host 192.168.50.2 port 22: No route to host

  Then I try to ssh to my physical host(ssh -fY root at 192.168.50.1 firefox
-no-remote), and I can bring up
  the main firefox screen on the guest, which verify the Xterm and display
X works for me.

  Thanks!