[Ovirt-devel] oVirt / Selenium Update

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 17:46:07 UTC 2008

Attached is a patch and other relevant files containing my recent work
in integrating the Selenium test suite into oVirt.

In the patch is the selenium.rb module, obtained from the Selenium web
site and licensed under the Apache license, which is used to contact the
selenium server. Also included is interface_test.rb which now contains a
single simple test using selenium to verify the title of the oVirt wui
site. More tests can be easily added by adding methods to that module.
The test suite attempts to contact the selenium server running at
192.168.50.1, eg the host maching which the oVirt wui appliance is
running on, and thus port 4444 must be open on that machine.

Also in that patch is the ovirt httpd configuration file,
ovirt-wui.conf, which was modified to comment out the rewrite rules that
were preventing the kerb un / pass from being accepted; as well as
enabling simple password based authentication and disabling negotiation
based (obviously the disabling of the negotiation bit is unacceptable,
but was the only was the short term solution to getting everything
working. an easy / albeit hackish work around would be to use sed in the
autobuild.sh script to toggle those values).

The selenium server is written in java and does not currently have a
simple rpm to install it system wide. I whipped up and attached a small
init script to assist in launching / killing the selenium server. Since
we want selenium to be run in an automated fashion, eg during an
autobuild cycle, I had to create and tell selenium to use a custom
firefox profile which disabled various alert boxes firefox normally
launches during its operation ('your session crashed unexpectidly,
restore?', 'you are about to log into this site as admin, are you
sure?', etc). I did not attach this profile (59M), but if anyone is
interested, you merely need to add the following options to
<firefox_profile_dir>/prefs.js  (where <firefox_profile_dir> is defined
in the init script):

      user_pref("browser.sessionstore.enabled", false);
      user_pref("network.http.phishy-userpass-length", 255);

   -Mo