[Ovirt-devel] Install issue on fresh F10

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Mon Dec 29 06:48:05 UTC 2008

Philippe Rodrigues wrote:
>> please check that you have kvm in `virsh capabilities` output
>> Fallback to qemu happens if hardware virtualization support (vmx or
>> svm) is disabled.
>>
> Like you can see in the output, hardware virtualization is enable
>
> [root at physical ~]# virsh capabilities | grep kvm
>       <domain type='kvm'>
>         <emulator>/usr/bin/qemu-kvm</emulator>
> [root at physical ~]# grep -E 'svm|vmx' /proc/cpuinfo
> flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat
> pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc
> arch_perfmon pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr
> lahf_lm
> [root at physical ~]# lsmod | grep kvm
> kvm_intel              41144  0
> kvm                   114880  1 kvm_intel
>
> In attachment output file of all virsh capabilities

So missing or misconfigured kvm is not the issue.  I tried uninstalling
the qemu package on my host and did not see this error when starting the
libvirt-qpid daemon.  So missing qemu package does not seem to be the
trigger for this error on my host at least.

Did installing the qemu package solve the problem for you?  Can you
replicate the problem again by uninstalling the qemu package?

Perry

--
|=-        Red Hat, Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Boston        -=|
|=-                     Email: pmyers at redhat.com                      -=|