[Ovirt-devel] Install issue on fresh F10

Philippe Rodrigues phr at cally.be
Mon Dec 29 12:36:01 UTC 2008

>>> please check that you have kvm in `virsh capabilities` output
>>> Fallback to qemu happens if hardware virtualization support (vmx or
>>> svm) is disabled.
>>>
>> Like you can see in the output, hardware virtualization is enable
>>
>> [root at physical ~]# virsh capabilities | grep kvm
>>       <domain type='kvm'>
>>         <emulator>/usr/bin/qemu-kvm</emulator>
>> [root at physical ~]# grep -E 'svm|vmx' /proc/cpuinfo
>> flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat
>> pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc
>> arch_perfmon pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr
>> lahf_lm
>> [root at physical ~]# lsmod | grep kvm
>> kvm_intel              41144  0
>> kvm                   114880  1 kvm_intel
>>
>> In attachment output file of all virsh capabilities
>>

> So missing or misconfigured kvm is not the issue.  I tried uninstalling
> the qemu package on my host and did not see this error when starting the
> libvirt-qpid daemon.  So missing qemu package does not seem to be the
> trigger for this error on my host at least.
>
> Did installing the qemu package solve the problem for you?  Can you
> replicate the problem again by uninstalling the qemu package?
>
> Perry
>
> --
> |=-        Red Hat, Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Boston        -=|
> |=-                     Email: pmyers at redhat.com                      -=|
> |=-         Office: +1 412 474 3552   Mobile: +1 703 362 9622         -=|
> |=- GnuPG: E65E4F3D 88F9 F1C9 C2F3 1303 01FE 817C C5D2 8B91 E65E 4F3D -=|

Qemu package solve the problem for me until I had '500 Internal Server
Error' ;-)
Physical-node is available (disable). Screenshot in attachment.
Uninstalling qemu do not change anything :
1. libvirt-qpid error in /var/log/messages
Dec 29 12:23:31 physical libvirt-qpid: Error: virConnectGetVersion
Subsystem qemu: internal error Cannot find QEMU binary /usr/bin/qemu: No
such file or directory in\
 NodeWrap.cpp:NodeWrap:82 code: 1
2. ovirt-appliance 500 Internal Server Error
In attachment tar log of the appliance so you can see if any error.
I don't know if 'Internal Server Error' is due to libvirt-qpid or maybe to
a miss configuration I made!
So to avoid any confusion I can do an install from scratch of both
F10 and ovirt-appliance.