[Ovirt-devel] Some architecture diagrams

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 16:34:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 15:40 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 03:34:39PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
> > Question (1) => we could make package ovirt depend on the parts of
> > FreeIPA necessary (ipa-server & ipa-client I think).  _If_ we can
> > persuade FreeIPA to be a good citizen and not require its own server.
>
> Yes, i'd be good to have a vhost config file you can drop into the
> /etc/httpd/config.d  that would play nicely with the world - eg have
> everything under /freeipa  instead of taking over the entire apache
> server namespace.

Patches welcome :-)

Btw while I am reading this list, we are planning on using something
like rmanager to handle the FreeIPA components so that if one piece goes
down it is either restarted or all the (interdependent) pieces go down.

Would this cause any problem to ovirt ?

However to answer Richard question, FreeIPA itself does not require to
be the only thing running on the server (modulo the mentioned apache
configuration problem that can be probably solved).
But given its nature it is better, for security reasons, if it is. After
all it contains all the Keys to the REALM :-)

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York