[Ovirt-devel] Skipping the Browser :)

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Wed Jul 9 13:20:15 UTC 2008

Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Is everything in ovirt that can be accessed as a GUI (and performed by
> the GUI) accessible as a web service (by this, I mean something simple
> like XMLRPC or JSON-over-REST?).    Can there also be an ovirt command
> line for simple scripting integration?

The answer right now is "no", but it's something basically everyone has asked
for, so it's definitely on the roadmap.  We have to define the API, then
implement the underlying API, and then (possibly) port the web application over
to using that API.  Agreed that it is a very useful thing to have.

Chris Lalancette