[Ovirt-devel] Virtual machine configuration screen

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 15:10:31 UTC 2008

The initial set of configurable options that I'm looking at are:

Cobbler integration:
   - a name for the virtual machine (should be unique)
   - a notes section [1]
   - a way of listing available system profiles or image profiles
   - the number of CPUs to use [2]
   - the amount of memory for the VM [2]
   - a way of specifying a set of optional arguments for koan
   - a field for setting the MAC address (must be unique)

Anybody see anything missing?

Questions:
   - should we also include iptable configuration?

[1] - I like the idea of a maintenance log, but could just be a general
       "this machine is for this purpose" text.
[2] - The value returned from Cobbler should be treated as the minimum value.

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/