[Ovirt-devel] Virtual machine configuration screen

Hugh O. Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 15:28:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:10:31AM -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> The initial set of configurable options that I'm looking at are:
>
> Cobbler integration:
>   - a name for the virtual machine (should be unique)
>   - a notes section [1]
>   - a way of listing available system profiles or image profiles
>   - the number of CPUs to use [2]
>   - the amount of memory for the VM [2]
>   - a way of specifying a set of optional arguments for koan
>   - a field for setting the MAC address (must be unique)   Anybody see
> anything missing?
>
> Questions:
>   - should we also include iptable configuration?
>
> [1] - I like the idea of a maintenance log, but could just be a general
>       "this machine is for this purpose" text.
> [2] - The value returned from Cobbler should be treated as the minimum value.

Hey...

This sounds very much like the "create VM" screen, where we already
collect vcpus, VM name, and memory, and display MAC address and
UUID. All we really need for Cobbler integration as far as the UI goes
is a drop-down list of available profiles, added to the "create VM"
screen.

We don't use koan at all, so there's not much sense specifying
arguments for it.

Take care,
--Hugh