[Ovirt-devel] i386 support dropped?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Wed Jun 11 01:46:49 UTC 2008

Perry N. Myers wrote:
> Alan Pevec wrote:
>> Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>>> Thanks, that worked like a charm. What is the proper way to setup the
>>> storage in the appliance? When i click "add storage" I only get an
>>> empty list and when i click create storage and enter 127.0.0.1 and
>>> "ovirtpriv:storage" as target I get a success message but the created
>>> storage pool doesn't contain any volumes. According to tgtadm there
>>> should be 3 volumes available locally:
>>
>> Try our brand-new Quick Tour (thanks Chris!)
>> http://ovirt.org/quick-tour.html says:
>>
>>> IP address: 192.168.50.2
>>
>> You can also try with NFS storage pool
>
> Also, please note (this is mentioned on the Quick Tour page) that there
> is a bug in the Add Storage action. You need to add the storage, then in
> the storage details pane click on the refresh button. Then click on the
> storage in the upper pane again.
>
> The problem is that the first time the storage is enumerated there is a
> failure. The refresh clears it up. People are looking into a fix for this.

Hm, I think I'm a bit confused about the role of the managed and storage
nodes. Since the iscsi and nfs stuff runs on the applicance i assumed that
the appliance also fullfills the role as a storage node in the developer
setup. After bringing up node 3 I suddenly was able to get the volumes to
show up. Is node 3 actually serving as a storage node too and if so why is
the iscsi setup configured on the appliance?

Regards,
   Dennis