[Ovirt-devel] [Patch] Make iscsi targets for the developer versions

mark wagner mwagner at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 12:53:15 UTC 2008

Chris Lalancette wrote:
> mark wagner wrote:
>> So from poking around a bit, with a single "tid" everything really gets rolled into one target
>> (where target is node3:disk1)  Multiple tids allows for different targets. I've included tgtadm show
>> data below for comparison.  I can code it either way. Just let me know which way we want it.
>
> Right.  I think what danpb proposed is best.  Just pick a single target
> name (something like management-iscsi), and then export multiple LUNs
> from that single tid/target name.
>
> Chris Lalancette

How does the wui treat the LUNs at this point ?
They are no longer available as a selection when specifying the storage.  When using a single tid
everything is presented as the same host:target but with different LUN number. So combining the wui
changes with how we want to present the storage seems incompatible.

-mark