[Ovirt-devel] [Patch] Make iscsi targets for the developer versions

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 12:57:18 UTC 2008

mark wagner wrote:

> How does the wui treat the LUNs at this point ?
> They are no longer available as a selection when specifying the storage.  When using a single tid
> everything is presented as the same host:target but with different LUN number. So combining the wui
> changes with how we want to present the storage seems incompatible.

Right.  Instead of specifying the LUNs one by one in the WUI, we now
just take an IP address and target, and then we scan it on the backend
to find all of the LUNs attached to that target.  This makes it less
cumbersome for the administrator, since they don't have to type in the
same information for 10 different LUNs connected to the same target.

Admittedly, this could be described better on the "Add Storage" page;
maybe we'll add some text explaining this.

Chris Lalancette