[Ovirt-devel] backtrace when trying to start a VM

Scott Seago sseago at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 15:03:20 UTC 2008

David Juran wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've been playing around with the ovirt devel setup as described on
> http://ovirt.org/devel-install.html I got the managed nodes started and
> proceeded by clicking around exploring the GUI. I create a VM but when I
> then tried to start it, I got the following backtrace:
>
> Processing LibraryController#vm_actions (for 192.168.50.2 at 2008-03-26 10:17:31) [POST]
>   Session ID: BAh7BiIKZmxhc2hJQzonQWN0aW9uQ29udHJvbGxlcjo6Rmxhc2g6OkZsYXNo%0ASGFzaHsABjoKQHVzZWR7AA%3D%3D--da9161e53812f6acb23beaa05888f9bc5f904ef2
>   Parameters: {"vm_actions"=>{"vm_library_id"=>"@vm_library.id", "other_actions"=>"Other Actions", "start_vm"=>"Start"}, "action"=>"vm_actions", "controller"=>"library"}

Ahh -- the action links/buttons on the vm Library page aren't active yet
-- I was in the middle of implementing them when we started the last
round of UI redesign, so it was put on hold. Originally, the actions
would print some debugging information but no actual VM actions would
occur.  But it looks like now it's triggering a more fundamental error.
I should probably stub this out until the current UI redesign round is
done, since I'm not sure if the multi-VM actions will be  changing in
the process.

If you click onto the VM page, the start/stop/etc. links should be
working there (once taskomatic is fully-updated to work with the current
WUI codebase)

Scott