[Ovirt-devel] ovirt installation issues

Joey Boggs jboggs at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 14:57:53 UTC 2008

I'm working on the installer puppet classes for ovirt-server. For the
most part I'm gonna try and hit almost any potential install issue a
customer can on bare metal. Here's what I'm running into.

- freeipa is setup and I've created my ovirt "admin" user
- ovirt-server-install ran
- pxe environment setup using dnsmasq and node-image-pxe rpm
- nodes can pxe boot

My nodes aren't registering with the server, the nodes claim the
registration service isn't available are these related?ovi

 From host-status.log

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/postgresql_adapter.rb:860:in
`connect': could not connect to server: Connection refused (PGError) Is
the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections
on port 5432?

Postgres is setup and is running and I can connect to the database.