[Ovirt-devel] Questions on the Server Suite UI

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 12:53:01 UTC 2008

Chris Lalancette wrote:
> Jason Guiditta wrote:
>> On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 11:23 -0500, Hugh O. Brock wrote:
>>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:38:45AM -0500, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> That would be a good idea, yes... paging Mr. Guiditta...
>>>
>> I think this would require some thought to see if it was really worth
>> the effort.  I am not a big fan of taking over the browser's native
>> right click behavior, but we could certainly consider it if there is a
>> compelling use case.  Right now, however, I do not see what that would
>> be, and quite frankly, I think we have more important things to improve
>> before pursuing this course if there really is interest.
>
> Yes, I agree with Jason here.  While I know Zimbra does take over the
> right-click menu, in general I don't really think it is a good idea.  We are in
> a browser, after all; I might want to "Copy Link Location" or "Select All".
> This is, of course, totally a subjective/style thing, but it fits in with the
> principle of least surprise.

On one hand, i agree with you. This is not the most important issue. On
the other, if you are going to go through the effort of doing a single
frame.. all ajax UI... then complete the experience.

The real issue is that I need to do 3 clicks to add a vm (Select the vm
poo, select the vms menu item, select new vm) not counting menu
navigation. If there was an easier way to get to the common tasks, that
would be just as good.

-- bk