[Ovirt-devel] How to propose patch?

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 10:07:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 11:05 AM, <sylvain.desbureaux at orange-ftgroup.com>wrote:

>  ·       How do I make the patches (with git I suppose?)

yes, make changes in your local git checkout , commit them locally on your
local branch (branched from current next: git checkout next; git pull; git
checkout -o mybranch)
and generate patches with git format-patch. When committing, make sure to
use -s, to include signed-off-by line in the commit message.
Make sure that you have configured git with your name and correct email, see
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html

> ·       Where do I send them?

here, to ovirt-devel - best to use git send-email

Thanks,
Alan