[Ovirt-devel] ovirt web interface 500 Internal Server error

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 15:48:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 12:17 +0200, ignazio.cassano at provincia.torino.it
wrote:
> Hello,
> I built ovirt this morning and ovirt web interface does not work anymore.
> I am able to login but only dashboard and networks are visible...
> no default hardware pool is visible.
> On /var/log/httpd/error.log I read:
>
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract_adapter.rb:212:in `log': PGError: ERROR:  relation "pools" does not exist
> (ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid)
>
> Thanks

It looks as though no one replied to this on the list.  Was your issue
fixed via irc?  If not, and you are still having this problem, I was
talking to someone today with a similar error, though I am not sure it
is exactly the same.  If you are running a build from master, try
applying the change in this patch:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ovirt/server.git?p=ovirt/server.git;a=commitdiff;h=e028546ed0f414dff128236a367fd57c5223d2a2
Then restart the ovirt-mongrel-rails service

If that does not work, please let us know if you are running a release
or building from next (next is preferred, has many bug fixes). You might
also want to check your database to make sure those tables exist (via
psql) and provide us an errors in logs from /var/log/ovirt-server.

-j