[Ovirt-devel] oVirtBIOS : Virtualization Firmware

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 12:30:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Dennis J. <dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:
> On 12/26/2009 11:17 AM, Guillaume FORTAINE wrote:
...snip...
> I think using a regular BIOS that boots a minimal Kernel/Initrd from a flash
> chip gives you pretty much the same benefits of a tiny footprint but
> actually works with pretty much every machine out there.

That's exactly the idea of oVirt Node - use standard Fedora packages
in order to keep Fedora QA and hardware support. We specifically
avoided busybox, uClib and such,
and image should still fit in 128MB flash - I mean, can you really buy
<128MB flash these days? There's also PXE boot option, then you don't
need locally stored image at all.

Alan