[Ovirt-devel] Installing a VM in oVirt 0.96

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 02:48:42 UTC 2009

Perry Myers wrote:
> Carb, Brian A wrote:
>>> Can you give me the exact syntax for cobbler that you used to add
>>> the image?
>>> The syntax for the nfs:// url part needs to follow some strict
>>> conventions in
>>> order to work properly, but upstream cobbler doesn't do any validation
>>> of that string so it won't tell you if you did it incorrectly.
>>
>>> This thread on ovirt-devel is useful and will probably help fix your
>>> issue:
>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/ovirt-devel/2008-December/msg00234.html
>>
>> I added an iso image to cobbler with the command
>>    cobbler image add --name=slax-6.0.6 --file=/cobblernfs/slax-6.0.6.iso
>>
>> but once I read the thread I issued 2 new commands:
>>    cobbler image remove --name=slax-6.0.6
>>    cobbler image add --name=slax-6.0.6
>> --file=192.168.50.2:/cobblernfs/slax-6.0.6.iso --image-type=iso
>>
>> but now cobbler daemon cannot restart and complains at every command:
>>   invalid image name (slax-6.0.6)
>> i must have done something wrong using the remove.
>
> Hmm.  This would seem to be more of a cobbler issue.  You could try
> editing the file for that image in:
> /var/lib/cobbler/config/images.d
>
> And then restarting the daemon again.  I don't see anything wrong in
> that syntax.
>
> I've cc'd Mike DeHaan as he may be able to help with this.
>
> Perry

Which Cobbler version is this?  I think I recall a bug about the wrong
parameter being passed to that but can't remember right now.

Let me know what version (rpm -q cobbler) and I'll take a look.

Cobbler has pretty good automated tests for nearly everything /but/ the
command line flags now.   Sorry about that, we'll take care of it.

--Michael