[Ovirt-devel] Installing a VM in oVirt 0.96

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 23:09:51 UTC 2009

Carb, Brian A wrote:
> Thanks Perry,
>
> I had to remove one of the files in /var/cobbler/config/systems.d that contained a definition with slax-6.0.6 as the image name.
>
> So now i've re-added this iso with the syntax
> cobbler image add --name=slax-6.0.6 --file=192.168.50.2:/cobblernfs/slax-6.0.6.iso --image-type=iso
>
> but start of vm errors this time with:
>   libvir: error : internal error '/bin/mount -t nfs 192.168.50.2::/cobblernfs /mnt/IqifnNg3BmoFuvQM' exited with non-zero status 32 and signal 0: mount.nfs: Unknown error 521
>
> If i issue the command manually with a single colon instead of double colon after the ip then the mount works.
>
> so now if i redo the cobbler add with --file=192.168.50.2/cobblernfs... (no colon at all) then the vm image starts!

That is still not the right syntax

See the following thread:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/ovirt-devel/2008-December/msg00247.html

This thread occurred a few days after the one I mentioned in my previous
mail and in this discussion we clarify that specification of a url without
a leading protocol is ambiguous and should not be allowed.

A message in that thread points out:
https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/AllAboutImages

Which outlines the two accepted formats for specifying images.

Glad you got it working though :)  But try recreating the image record
using the nfs:// format and see if that works too.

Perry