[Ovirt-devel] about the guest migrate on the ovirt node

vbian vbian at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 08:37:59 UTC 2009

Hi, Alan:

       I have an installed ovirt node on my local disk,and also
installed a guest of rhel5 on the node via the qemu.And now I want to
migrate the guest ,what should I do via the virsh command? Could you
give me some suggestion?
       I did the following things on the node :

       1.# qemu-img create rhel5.img 10G
       2.# qemu-kvm -hda rhel5.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d -m 512

       After that I have no idea about what is the domain name of my new
guest ,after I start the rhel5.img via the # qemu-kvm rhel5.img -m 512 ,
there is nothing listed in the # virsh list . Then I tried the # virsh
start rhel5 ,but no domain named rhel5 found error reported.
       By the way, I noticed in the man page for the virsh migrate ,it
required the uri of the destination ,but the default uri is only the
qemu:///system ,how could I create a new uri to migrate the guest with
the virsh cmdline?

       Additionally, if I don't have the xml file of the guest, how
could I generate a new one ? Dumpxml or what else?

       Thanks

       Regards
       Vivian Bian