[Ovirt-devel] "Call to function virStoragePoolDefineXML failed" error when trying to boot ISO

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 09:16:40 UTC 2009

Mike Butler wrote:
> I did as your referenced messages suggested and changed the cobbler
> syntax to...
> cobbler image add --name=winxp --file=192.168.50.2:/cobblernfs/winxp.iso
> --image-type=iso

This is *still* not the correct syntax.  Did you take a look at the links
that I posted in my previous email?

This is from:
https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/AllAboutImages
> I Want To Use Koan To Start a Virtualized Install from an ISO, which might not be Linux ¶
>
> Option 1, put the ISO on NFS where all systems can get at it.
>
> cobbler image add --name=foo --file=nfs://user@host:/path/to/foo.iso --image-type=iso

Note the syntax used in the --file option.

And then this message in the thread that I posted:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/ovirt-devel/2008-December/msg00285.html
> Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
>
>     It will now incrementally pull out the protocol, authentication details,
>     hostname or ip address, export path and filename for the image record.
>
> This patch works fine for urls like:
>
> nfs://192.168.50.2/cobblernfs/winxp.iso
>
> but does not work for
>
> nfs://192.168.50.2:/cobblernfs/winxp.iso
>
> And according to the cobbler site:
> https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/AllAboutImages
>
> The format for nfs urls should look like:
> nfs://user@host:/path/to/foo.iso --image-type=iso
>

> The problem is if you put the : in the url after the hostname two colons are put into the libvirt xml and the mount then fails.
>
> This needs to be fixed, but .96 will be released with this error. For .96 people will just need to use:
>
> nfs://host/dir/file.iso
>
> Since that is the format that does work
>
> Perry

Thanks,