[Ovirt-devel] iscsi storage creation

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish-group.com
Fri Jun 26 10:37:18 UTC 2009

Justin Clacherty wrote:

>>   If you really want to use the whole 40GB lun for a single VM you
>> don't need to create an LVM volume -- just use the iscsi lun (shown
>> in the UI as an iscsi storage volume).
> hmmm...when I tried this the first time it didn't work for me so I
> just assumed you had to create the LVM volume.  I'll try it again
> without doing that.

I've tried again.  I added the storage servers, an individual iscsi
volume for each VM.  I create a VM and select an iscsi volume but the VM
fails to start.  The task list show "Unable to find volume 11.0.0.0
attached to pool 192.168.50.37-iqn.2009-3.san0:zimbra-3260."  This is
the same problem I found when I first tried.  Any thoughts on what's
going on here?

Cheers,
Justin.