[Ovirt-devel] Adding hosts to the hardware pool

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:44:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Laurent Monnoye <ktf000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the hanging at the end was only due to the kernel param
> "console=ttyS0,115200n8". If I take it out, then the error message appears
> on the console again: "WARNING: Cannot find root file system!"
>
> I'm still wondering how pxe can find ovirt-node-image.iso. It's located
> only under /usr/share/ovirt-node-image and given the size of initrd0.img
> (4537334 bytes), it's obviously not embedded into it.
>
> Did I miss a step in the installation which embeds ovirt-node-image.iso
> into initrd0.img? What is the size of your initrd0.img?

step of embedding iso into PXE initrd0.img should be performed when
ovirt-node-image-pxe RPM is installed, its %post
http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=ovirt-node-image.git;a=blob;f=ovirt-node-image.spec.in;h=e64f4de2e495fe008cba79ddf4dbf585f6e593d0;hb=refs/heads/next#l75

Try running this manually, with output redirection to see if there are any
error messages:

cd /usr/share/ovirt-node-image
rm -rf tftpboot
livecd-iso-to-pxeboot ovirt-node-image.iso
cobbler sync