[Ovirt-devel] Build fails due to missing ovirt-node-recipe.ks

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish-group.com
Wed Aug 4 00:45:58 UTC 2010

> I get an error when FreeIPA is set up.  Then a whole heap of notices
> and warning about a missing dependancy (presumably FreeIPA)
>
> debug: //freeipa::bundled/Single_exec[ipa_server_install]: Executing
> '/usr/sbin/ipa-server-install -r ovirt.priv -p 'supersecretpw' -P
> 'supersecretpw' -a 'supersecretpw' --hostname management.ovirt.priv -u
> dirsrv -U'
> debug: Executing '/usr/sbin/ipa-server-install -r ovirt.priv -p
> 'supersecretpw' -P 'supersecretpw' -a 'supersecretpw' --hostname
> management.ovirt.priv -u dirsrv -U'
> err: //freeipa::bundled/Single_exec[ipa_server_install]/returns:
> change from notrun to 0 failed: /usr/sbin/ipa-server-install -r
> ovirt.priv -p 'supersecretpw' -P 'supersecretpw' -a 'supersecretpw'
> --hostname management.ovirt.priv -u dirsrv -U returned 1 instead of 0
> at /usr/share/ace/modules/ovirt/manifests/freeipa.pp:65

I ran ipa-server-install from the command line and the error it's getting is this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-server-install", line 41, in <module>
    import ipaserver.krbinstance
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaserver/krbinstance.py", line 45, in <module>
    from pyasn1.type import univ, namedtype
ImportError: No module named type

Had a look at the python packages and pyasn1 now has a v1 subdirectory so pyasn1.type seems to now be pyasn1.v1.type

Is anyone else seeing this?

edited krbinstance.py and replaced all pyasn1.xxx with pyasn1.v1.xxx and reran ipa-server-install, now I get:

Unexpected error - see ipaserver-install.log for details:
 'module' object has no attribute 'VERSION'

Of course there is no ipaserver-install.log.  Any help would be appreciated.