[Ovirt-devel] node becomes "unavailable"

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish.com.au
Tue Aug 17 03:35:43 UTC 2010

  After running for a while the node becomes "unavailable" in the server
UI.  All VMs running on that node also become unavailable.  The node is
still running fine as are all the VMs, they're just no longer manageable.

I looked on the node and everything appeared to be running fine.  Looked
on the server and ovirt-taskomatic was stopped (this seems to happen
quite a bit).  Restarted it but that didn't help.  Restarting Matahari
on the node sends information to the server but the node does not become
available.  The only way I've been able to get it back is to shutdown
all the VMs and reboot the node and management server.  Is anyone else
seeing this happen?  What else can I look at when it happens again?

Cheers,
Justin.