[Ovirt-devel] node becomes "unavailable"

Nicolas Ochem nicolas.ochem at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Aug 17 07:37:07 UTC 2010

You can look at /var/log/ovirt-server/db-omatic.log . Probably the node
times out because it does not answer to heartbeat anymore.

To get more detail you can run the db-omatic script in no-daemon mode
(/usr/share/ovirt-server/db-omatic/db_omatic.rb -n)

I see that very often on fedora 13, a bit less on fedora 12.

This is because the ruby aqmp bindings get stuck when they have to
handle too many threads.

There's no fix for this yet, but a workaround : whenever that happens,
restart everything in the node and server with this script :

http://ovirt.pastebin.com/JjNpEDak
http://ovirt.pastebin.com/tPAPJBpB

You can put that script in a cron job.