[Ovirt-devel] a couple of questions

Geoff O'Callaghan geoff at starbiz.com.au
Sat May 15 00:21:38 UTC 2010

Hi There,

I've only recently joined so please excuse me if I'm asking the bleeding
obvious :-)

Q1.

I've seen a few patches go by in the last couple of days but only 1 get
into the ovirt git next branch.  Are they going somewhere else as I'd
love to test them?

Q2.

I did a build of the ovirt git next branch and created the
ovirt-node-iso to test and I noticed that it had an unexpected result
related to thinking that my single  standard local sata drive was part
of a multipath configuration.  This was due to a null
/etc/multipath.conf file which is created specifically as part of the
node/recipe/common-post.ks

What is the plan in this area?   Will multipath enablement be forced or
as an option to enable it on the ovirt-config-storage menu?

Q3.

If I change common-post.ks to add a /etc/multipath.conf with a blacklist
of '*' it then correctly identifies my local drive for the install -
however, when doing the storage allocation it gets the sizes wrong so
there is a calculation bug somewhere.  I didn't see it in bugzilla so
it's either a new  bug or something wrong with my specific setup or both
:)   Is it something someone has noticed?

Yes I realize that was actually 4 questions :)

Cheers
Geoff