[Ovirt-devel] oVirt Node Fedora Feature Status

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Sat Jul 30 14:38:35 UTC 2011

> The split for F16 alpha happened this past week which is why rawhide
> packages are now F17.  AFAICT, there aren't F16 repos available yet, but
> there packages for virt-manager-tui for F16.  It just needs karma to be
> pushed:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/virt-manager-0.9.0-3.fc16

Ah, thx, that explains it.  Obviously we'll need to get that karma'd up
so we can do official F16 oVirt Node builds

>> Also, I've noticed that ovirt-node needs refreshing...  iirc apevec did
>> tag/release of 2.0.1 from ovirt-node git (as an aside 'News' section of
>> website still says 2.0.0 is latest in git)
>> ovirt-node.noarch          2.0.0-1.fc16       rawhide
>
> AFAIK, this corresponds to the 2.0.0 tag in master.
>>
>> Alan, what are the current blockers preventing us from getting a 2.0.1
>> ISO hosted on ovirt.org download page?
>
> We just finished the changes for 2.0.1 yesterday, they should be pushed
> up to master this weekend or Monday at the latest.  Then we just need
> F16 repos to build the ISO and get it hosted.

We should probably have hosted on ovirt.org site both F<latest> and
rawhide anyhow.  So we can do rawhide build next week as soon as 2.0.1
is tagged in master and ovirt-node is updated to 2.0.1 in rawhide.

I'd expect the rawhide oVirt Node to be broken frequently, but hey, it's
rawhide :)

Once F16 repos are open, we can update ovirt-node there to 2.0.1 as well
and then build F16 Node from those repos.

Cheers,

Perry