Re: Slackware PAM, LDAP

Terry Davis wrote:

All,

I am not up to speed on what reasons PAM is not included in the Slackware
distro, and I've read quite a bit of the posting and etc available on the 'net
about it, but so much is very dated, I am writing to get a leg up on it.

- is it possible to get it working on Slack without too much work

Yes. Install Linux-PAM, nss-ldap and pam-ldap. Then recompile software where you need pam with its support (imap, ftp, etc.). Add appropriate files from pam-ldap distr. to /etc/pam.d. We have Slackware 9.1 and imapd and proftpd compiled to use pam to authenticate in ldap.

--
Andrew.