mod_auth_pam maintenance

Hello all together,

I am quite interested in becoming maintainer of the discontinued Apache mod_auth_pam. There isn't really much I could do about the code, but it would be great to manage it and see that something is done about it.

Is there already someone who will takeover the project, and if not, what can be done in order to make mod_auth_pam work normally again with new versions of Apache, implementing low-level auth modules?

Best regards,
Nik