[Patternfly] Action buttons in wizards

Josephine Qian joqian at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 15:25:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am currently working on the design of some wizards for JBoss EAP and I didn't see any recommendation about the locations of action buttons in wizards, such as Back, Next, and Cancel, in PatternFly. So I wireframed what would make sense in EAP's context (see attachment). Think it'd be great if I can get some feedback from you.

I'm also curious about how the buttons are handled in other products. Do they also have these three buttons in a wizard that has multiple steps? Are the buttons ordered/located differently? In the last step, is the action button labeled as Save, Finish or Done?

Any thoughts or suggestions will be very helpful! Thanks!

Josephine