[Patternfly] Links / buttons within a list within master detail?

Allie Jacobs ajacobs at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 15:36:03 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to see if anyone has worked on something similar. Bear with me
while I try to explain what I'm looking for.

OpenShift is using a master-detail view. Within the details pane is a list
of attributes and values, separated into sections. One of these sections
Containers, and each container has a name and other info. I've been asked
to add in a link to connect to the container, which has depicted with an
icon in other places. The developers want to add the icon at the end of the
name with hover text "connect to container". Here's the full page for
context:

​

I would prefer to just make the name of the container a link with the same
hover text:

​

However, in the future there may be more links / actions that can be taken
on a container from this panel. There's no thought about what those might
be right now (so I can't decide if they should even be there or not) but
they've asked me to create a design for the "connect to container" link
that could also accommodate additional future actions. This is the concept
I have for now:

​One idea I want to explore is to turn this details pane into more of a
dashboard type view with tiles and maybe clicking on the tiles will flip
them to expose additional info & links. This list layout is fairly set for
now though.

Has anyone dealt with a similar use case, and if so, how have you handled
it?

Thanks!

--

Allie Jacobs