[Patternfly] Reconsidering website text size

Robb Hamilton rhamilto at redhat.com
Wed May 13 19:01:45 UTC 2015

> On May 7, 2015, at 9:16 AM, Jeremy Perry <jeperry at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Ok - to be clear, I’m only talking about the website, not UIs built with PatternFly. I see these as separate use cases with potentially different appropriate solutions.

i increased the base font size for the web site from 12px to 13px.  14px made the site content overwhelm the reference implementation content (e.g., live patternfly reference implementation examples), but 13px still achieves the desired result of making the site content much more readable.

the implication of this change is that any time a live patternfly reference implementation example is added to a site page, the example needs to be wrapped with a <div class=“pf-example”></div> so that they example displays with the correct reference implementation 12px font size instead of the site’s larger 13px font size.

a sample example:

    <thead>
        <th>#</th>
        <th>First Name</th>
        <th>Last Name</th>
        <th>Username</th>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
    </tbody>

all existing examples should already be done this way, but any new examples will need to follow this new requirement.